Last Updated on October 16, 2023 by My Back Kitchen
30 Minute Chile Recipe
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt + 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 tsp. chili powder
- 3 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 pound ground beef
- One 12-ounce Mexican lager-style beer
- One 14 1/2-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes with their juice
- Two 15 1/2-ounce can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 19 oz. white kidney beans rinsed and drained
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, salt, chili powder, and oregano and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cook until the meat loses its raw color, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beer and simmer until reduced by about half, about 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, crushing them through your fingers into the pot, along with their juices and the rinsed beans. Bring the chili to a boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until it has thickened, about 10 minutes.