Last Updated on September 14, 2023 by My Back Kitchen
This is a quick and easy dough recipe perfect for quiches and tarts. Try our Ham and Leek quiche for a breakfast that is sure to wow. Enjoy!
Basic Quiche and Tart Dough
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter chilled
- 1/4 cup shortening chilled
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 – 4 Tbsp. ice cold water
- In a bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Add the butter and shortening and, using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut them in until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. (You can also do this in a food processor.)
- Sprinkle in the water, 1 Tbs. at a time, stirring gently with a fork after each addition and adding only enough of the water to form a rough mass.
- Using floured hands, pat the dough into a smooth, flattened disk. Use immediately, or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Makes enough dough for one 9-inch quiche or tart shell.