Last Updated on September 11, 2023 by My Back Kitchen
Brown Butter-Pecan Granola is the perfect topping for yogurt and fruit, and even better on its own as a snack. This recipe makes enough so you can share with friends and family.
Brown Butter-Pecan Granola
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Pulse pecans in a food processor until pulverized. In a large bowl, combine pecans, oats, pumpkin seeds, coconut, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until butter foams, then browns. Take off the heat and stir in brown sugar, honey and vanilla.
- Pour over the oat mixture and mix until all the ingredients are well combined. Spread out on to a rimmed baking sheet and bake, tossing occasionally, until golden brown; 40-50 minutes. Let granola cool on baking sheet then break into clusters. Stir in cranberries.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.