Last Updated on September 8, 2023 by My Back Kitchen
As the leaves change colors and a cool breeze fills the air, it’s time to embrace the flavors of fall. One iconic treat that captures the essence of the season is our easy pumpkin spice loaf. This moist and flavorful loaf is infused with the warmth of autumn spices and the rich taste of pumpkin. Get ready to enjoy the comforting aroma and delicious taste of this beloved fall treat. For more pumpkin inspired treats, check our our pumpkin empanadas.
The Key Ingredients:
To make a delicious pumpkin spice loaf, you’ll need the following key ingredients:
- Pumpkin Puree: Start with a can of pure pumpkin puree or make your own by roasting and pureeing fresh pumpkin. This ingredient provides the distinct pumpkin flavor and moisture to the bread.
- Flour: All-purpose flour serves as the base of the bread, providing structure and texture.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar adds sweetness to the loaf and balances the flavors.
- Eggs: Eggs act as a binding agent and contribute to the moistness of the bread.
- Vegetable Oil: Vegetable oil keeps the bread tender and moist, ensuring a soft texture.
- Fall Spices: Cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger are the classic spices that infuse the bread with warm and cozy flavors.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda: These leavening agents help the bread rise and achieve a light and fluffy texture.
- Salt: A small amount of salt enhances the overall flavor of the bread.
Pumpkin bread is delightful on its own, but you can elevate your experience with these serving suggestions:
- Enjoy a Slice with Butter: Spread a thin layer of softened butter on a warm slice of pumpkin bread for a simple and comforting treat.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: For a touch of indulgence, slather a generous amount of cream cheese frosting on top of the cooled bread. The tanginess of the cream cheese complements the sweetness of the bread beautifully.
- Toasted with a Spread: Toast a slice of pumpkin bread and top it with your favorite spread, such as pumpkin butter, honey, or nut butter, for an extra layer of flavor.
- Pair with Warm Beverages: Serve pumpkin bread alongside a cup of hot apple cider, spiced tea, or a pumpkin spice latte for a cozy fall-inspired snack.
- Gift or Potluck Contribution: Wrap slices of pumpkin bread in decorative paper or place them in a festive tin to share with friends and family. It makes a thoughtful gift or a delicious addition to a potluck gathering.
Homemade pumpkin bread is the epitome of fall flavors, offering a delightful combination of pumpkin, spices, and moistness. With its comforting aroma and delectable taste, this classic treat brings warmth and joy to the season. So, roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and savor the process of baking and enjoying a slice of homemade pumpkin spice loaf. Your taste buds and loved ones will thank you for it!
Easy Pumpkin Spice Loaf
- 1 cup vegetable oil 198g
- 2 2/3 cups granulated sugar 528g
- 4 large eggs
- 2 scant cups or one 15-ounce ca pumpkin purée 425g
- 2/3 cup water 152g
- 3 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour 400g
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional* 113g
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat together the oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin, and water.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, and vanilla, stirring well to combine. Mix in the nuts if you're using them.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pans. Bake the bread for 60 to 80 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let cool completely on a rack before cutting. If time allows, wrap it well in plastic wrap after cooled and store it overnight before serving for the flavors to further develop.