Last Updated on September 6, 2023 by My Back Kitchen
Our Enchiladas Suizas receta makes for the most delicious Mexican meal. Think of it as chicken wrapped in soft tortillas, covered in spicy green sauce and melted cheese. Every bite is like a tasty mix of flavors, with the sauce adding a little kick. Whether you’re having it for dinner during the week or at a special celebration, these enchiladas are sure to make your taste buds happy. It’s a twist on a classic Mexican dish that you’ll love. Enjoy!
Enchiladas Suizas Receta (Creamy Chicken Enchiladas)
- 8 tomatillos husked and rinsed
- 4 garlic cloves un-peeled
- 2 serrano chiles
- 2 jalapeno chiles
- ½ white onion sliced into ½” thick ring
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup crema agria Mexican Cream or Sour Cream
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup crema agria sour cream
- 2 chicken leg quarters leg and thigh roasted; meat shredded. Or use a roasted chicken from your local market
- 8 oz. Monterrey jack cheese
- If roasting your chicken; preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season the leg quarters with salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Place in a cast iron skillet and roast for approximately one hour or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. Set aside to cool just enough to handle. Using two forks, remove skin and shred meat into bite sized pieces. Pour any accumulated juices over the shredded chicken. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients on to a rimmed baking sheet and roast in a preheated oven for 5 minutes, turn vegetables over and continue to roast an additional 4 – 5 minutes until the skins are slightly charred. You may find the chiles and garlic need to come out before the tomatillos. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled down enough to handle, peel skins off of garlic and pull stems off of the chiles. Place all ingredients into the blender along with any juices that may have accumulated on the rimmed sheet. Add 1 teaspoon salt and pulse to a coarse mixture.
- In a medium stockpot, over medium high heat add oil. When hot add the tomatillo sauce being careful as the sauce will sizzle and jump. Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in warm chicken broth, cream and continue to simmer until slightly thickened. Tasted and add more salt if needed. Use immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for 2 months.
- Lightly brush each tortilla with a bit of oil. Heat a comal over medium high heat and quickly heat the tortilla until warm and pliable. Stack onto a plate until you have finished. Pass warmed tortillas through the sauce and fill with shredded chicken, rollup, and place into a baking sheet. Continue until all tortilla’s are filled.
- Generously spoon sauce over the enchiladas, sprinkle with shredded cheese and place into preheated oven and bake until cheese begins to brown, about 5 – 10 minutes. Serve immediately.