Last Updated on July 19, 2023 by My Back Kitchen
If you’re a fan of Mexican cuisine and crave a comforting side dish that adds an irresistible kick to your meal, then look no further than Fideo Seco. This delectable twist on a classic favorite will take your taste buds on a fiery and flavorful journey, making it the perfect accompaniment to any main course.
Fideo Seco boasts a unique flavor and tender texture that sets it apart. When combined with the heat of jalapeno pepper and the savory sweetness of diced onion, this dish transforms into an unforgettable taste explosion. The subtle smokiness of the toasted noodles perfectly balances the spiciness of the jalapenos, creating a harmonious blend of flavors that will leave you wanting more.
The beauty of adding jalapeno pepper to Fideo Seco lies in its customizable heat. If you prefer a milder option, simply leaving the jalapeno whole and toasting it alongside the Fideo and onions will impart its flavor without adding the heat. For those who enjoy an extra kick, slice the jalapeno leaving some or all of the seeds for an intensified spicy experience.
Whether served alongside succulent Pasilla Lambchops or zesty carne asada, this side dish will undoubtedly steal the show and leave your guests impressed. So, fire up your kitchen and treat yourself to the sensational taste of Fideo Seco, where traditional meets spicy in a symphony of culinary delight. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Fideo Pasta 8 ounces
- 2 cups chicken stock hot
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup blended fresh tomato
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- Preheat a medium sauté pan, add vegetable oil, onion, jalapeno and Fideo pasta. Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly until pasta begins to turn golden brown.
- Add the blended tomato, hot chicken stock and black pepper; stir to combine.
- Bring liquid to boil, taste the liquid and season with salt as needed. Cover pan and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes until pasta is tender. Remove from heat and allow Fideo to rest covered and undisturbed for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.