The perfect balance of tart and sweet! This gluten free lemon tart is creamy and dense with a vibrant lemony yellow color that is sure to be a hit!
Gluten Free Lemon Tart
- 1 Gluten Free Sweet Tart Pastry 9- to 9½-inch
- 7 large egg yolks plus 2 large whole eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar 7 ounces
- ⅔ cup lemon juice from 4 to 5 medium lemons
- ¼ cup grated lemon zest
- pinch table salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into 4 pieces
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Place tart pan with shell on cookie sheet.
- In medium non-reactive bowl, whisk together yolks and whole eggs until combined, about 5 seconds. Add sugar and whisk until just combined, about 5 seconds. Add lemon juice, zest, and salt; whisk until combined, about 5 seconds. Transfer mixture to medium non-reactive saucepan, add butter pieces, and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, until curd thickens to thin saucelike consistency and registers 170 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 5 minutes. Immediately pour curd through single-mesh stainless steel strainer set over clean non-reactive bowl. Stir in heavy cream; pour curd into warm tart shell immediately.
- Bake until filling is shiny and opaque and until the center 3 inches jiggle slightly when shaken, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack to room temperature, about 45 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into wedges and enjoy!