Last Updated on June 27, 2023 by My Back Kitchen
Step into the world of timeless flavors and crisp greens with our Homemade Caesar Salad recipe. This iconic salad is a perfect blend of crunchy romaine lettuce, savory Parmesan cheese, and a tangy dressing that tantalizes your taste buds. Say goodbye to store-bought dressings and packaged croutons because we’re about to guide you through the steps to create a Caesar Salad that will impress your family and friends.
Our Homemade Caesar Salad embraces the traditional elements that make this dish a favorite among salad enthusiasts. It all starts with crisp, fresh romaine lettuce leaves as the base, providing a satisfying crunch with every bite. The Caesar dressing, a harmonious blend of garlic, anchovies, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and tangy lemon juice, coats the lettuce leaves and brings the salad to life. Topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and homemade croutons, this salad offers a delightful combination of textures and flavors. Enjoy!
Homemade Caesar Salad
- 2 small garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice from one lemon
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise best quality such as Hellmann's or Blue Plate
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 heads of romaine hearts chopped
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add the mayonnaise, Parmigiano-Reggiano, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking. The dressing will keep well in the fridge for about a week. Toss romaine with salad dressing, top with fresh croutons and grated parmesan cheese.
Easy Homemade Croutons
- 1 baguette torn into 1/2 in. pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium sized bowl, add bread, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir until olive oil and seasonings are evenly distrubted. Pour onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes, flipping half way through.