Mexican rice is a staple in our household. We often pair it with some of our favorites including picadillo con papas, chile rellenos, and al pastor tacos. Enjoy!
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock (hot)
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup blended fresh tomato
- In a sauté pan, add vegetable oil, rice, onion, and jalapeno and cook at medium high heat until rice starts to brown.
- Add the blended tomato, hot chicken stock and pepper; stir to combine.
- Taste the liquid and season with salt as needed. Bring liquid to boil, cover pan, and reduce the temperature to lowest setting. Cook until all liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off and let sit covered for 10 minutes before serving.