Last Updated on June 27, 2023 by My Back Kitchen
Step into a world of timeless indulgence with our beloved recipe for Old-Fashioned Pecan Pie. This classic dessert is a cherished part of our family traditions, and we’re thrilled to share it with you. With its rich, caramel-like filling and a generous layer of toasted pecans, this pie is a slice of heaven. But the magic doesn’t stop there—our secret touch is topping it off with a luscious dollop of fresh whipped cream.
Whether you’re serving it at a holiday gathering, a family celebration, or simply treating yourself to a well-deserved dessert, this pie is sure to impress. So, gather your loved ones, create new memories, and let the flavors of this Old-Fashioned Pecan Pie transport you to a place where time stands still. Enjoy!
Old-Fashioned Pecan Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light karo corn syrup
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter (browned)
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk sugar and corn syrup together in large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, salt, and pecans.
- Brown butter in a pan on the stove until a dark caramel color, be careful not to burn. Cool slightly and add to mixture. Stir well to incorporate all ingredients and pour in to prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set. Let cool completely before serving.