Porcini Mushroom Rub
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup Porcini mushroom powder*
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- *If you can’t find Porcini mushroom powder, simply grind dried Porcini mushrooms (about 3/4 ounces) in a coffee or spice grinder until they are powder.
- Grind dried Porcini Mushrooms in a Coffee or Spice Grinder for powder
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, mushroom powder, garlic, and olive oil. Stir well to form a thick paste. Mix it up, and slather it on! Rub the paste all over the roast, coating it evenly.
- Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 12 hours (ours only managed about 5 hours).