Sopa de fideo is a soup made using Fideo pasta. This is easily one of my families favorite weeknight meals as it only requires a few ingredients and is quick to throw together. This can be made as a stand a lone meal, or as a side dish. Try pairing it with our grilled Fajita or Pasilla Lambchop recipes. Enjoy!
Sopa de Fideo
- 1 cup Fideo
- 2 cups chicken stock hot
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup blended fresh tomato
- In a sauté pan, add vegetable oil, fideo, onion, and jalapeno and cook at medium high heat until pasta starts to brown.
- Add the blended tomato, hot chicken stock and pepper; stir to combine.
- Taste the liquid and season with salt as needed. Bring liquid to boil, cover pan, and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes until pasta is tender.