Enriched Pie Dough
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose Flour 177g
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pats 170g
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. milk, or enough to make a cohesive dough 21g
- To make the crust: Whisk together the flour and salt. Work in the butter until the mixture holds together when you squeeze it, with pecan-sized lumps of butter still visible.
- Beat the egg lightly, and add it to the dough, mixing to combine.
- Drizzle in the milk as you mix, adding enough to make the dough cohesive. When you grab it in your hand, it should hold together easily, and not feel at all crumbly.
- Pat the dough into a 5″ disk, and smooth its edges by rolling it along a lightly floured surface like a wheel. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or for up to 2 days.