This gluten free quiche freezes beautifully and makes the perfect brunch dish alongside our fluffy pancakes and homemade waffles. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Ham and Leek Quiche
This Ham and Leek Quiche is a great take on a French classic that can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 batch Basic Gluten-Free quiche or tart dough
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 3 Cups Leeks thinly sliced
- 1 Cups Ham diced
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup Gruyère cheese finely shredded
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a large sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat until it turns golden. Add the leeks and sauté until wilted but still bright green, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Sautee the diced smoked ham for 3-5 minutes until slightly browned. Add to the leek mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream. Season with the 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 or 2 grindings of pepper.
- Scatter the leek mixture evenly over the bottom of the pastry shell. Pour in the egg mixture and mix lightly with a fork to distribute evenly. Sprinkle evenly with the cheese.
- Bake until the custard is set and the top is golden, 40 to 45 minutes. If the custard is set but the top has not turned golden brown, slip the quiche under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, watching closely. Let cool about 20 minutes in the pan on a rack before serving. Makes one 9-inch quiche.