Last Updated on September 13, 2023 by My Back Kitchen
When it comes to tropical fruits, mangoes are at the top of the list. With their luscious texture and sweet, juicy flavor, mangoes are a true delight to the taste buds. One delicious way to enjoy the essence of mangoes is through a old-fashioned Jello salad, a nostalgic delight from yesteryears. Refreshing and visually stunning, this Mango Delight evokes memories of family gatherings.
Combining fruity flavors with creamy textures, this delicious concoction was a staple on our holiday dinner table. While some may consider them a relic of the past, these sweet and refreshing treats continue to hold a special place in our hearts, reminding us of simpler times and the joy of sharing simple, homemade desserts with loved ones.
Mango Mold is a dessert that captivates both the eyes and the palate. With its vibrant orange hue and smooth texture, it is as pleasing to look at as it is to eat. The refreshing dessert is often prepared in a mold, which gives it a beautiful shape and makes it a centerpiece-worthy treat for special occasions or family gatherings.
- 3 3 oz. pkgs. lemon jello
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 2 15 oz. can sliced mangos
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- In a large mixing bowl, combine jello with boiling water and stir until dissolved. Stir in ice cold water.
- In a blender, add one can of drained mangos and cream cheese. Blend until smooth. Add second can of drained mango and pulse. You should have chunks of mango. Pour into jello mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour jello into a 9" x 13" glass dish or mold of your choice and chill until set. If using a decorative mold, lightly spay the mold with cooking spray to make unmolding easier.