- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs beaten
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups apples peeled and chopped into 1/2in. pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix together sugar, oil, vanilla, eggs, lemon juice, and salt.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda. Add to liquid ingredients. Stir in apples and nuts.
- Pour into a buttered bundt, angel food tin, or 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake. Enjoy!