Texas Cowboy Cookies
Servings 16 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar packed
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted & cooled
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled outs
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped & toasted
- 1 cup shredded coconut sweetened
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and adjust oven rack to be in the middle position.
- Prepare two rimless cookie sheets with either silicone liner or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together in bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, combine sugar, melted butter, egg/egg yolk, and vanilla. Whisk until combined. Stir in flour mixture until fully incorporated and no white streaks remain. Stir in pecans, chocolate chips, coconut, and oats.
- Drop level portions of dough (2.9 oz. for each cookie) onto prepared sheets and lightly press. Bake a total of 16 minutes turning half way through the bake. Remove and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a baking rack to finish cooling.