Last Updated on July 27, 2023 by My Back Kitchen
When it comes to hearty and satisfying dishes, few can rival the deliciousness of a well-made venison chili. Packed with robust flavors and tender chunks of venison, this recipe is a game day favorite that will have your taste buds cheering for more. Whether you’re a hunting enthusiast looking for ways to utilize your game meat or simply seeking a flavorful twist on traditional chili, our Venison Chili recipe is sure to impress.
Serve this delicious Venison Chili with a side of homemade cornbread for a complete and satisfying meal. The sweet and crumbly cornbread pairs perfectly with the bold flavors of the chili, adding an extra layer of texture and taste. So, grab your apron, fire up the stove, and get ready to indulge in a bowl of warm and comforting goodness. Enjoy!
- 3 links Italian Sausage
- 2 lbs. chili meat
- 2 lbs. venison meat or ground beef
- 2 medium onions – chopped
- 1 bell pepper – seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper – seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tsp. ground basil
- 2 – 29 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 – 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 – 14 oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
- olive oil
- In a large dutch oven or pot, brown meats separately, seasoning with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Combine in a deep skillet. Sautee onions, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper in olive oil until soft. Add to meat mixture. Combine all seasonings**and add to the meat mixture. Add tomatoes, brown sugar and Worchestershire sauce. Simmer for 3 hours.
- Note: I added paprika, oregano and cumin to taste