Hands down, this is THE BEST Mexican Flan recipe. Simple, creamy, and plenty of rich caramel sauce to go around. Interested in trying something different? Give our Tres Leches Cake, Atole de Arroz, and Churro recipes a try. Enjoy!
Best Mexican Flan
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 can whole milk (using empty evaporated milk can)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium-low heat, melt sugar until it is liquefied and amber in color. Carefully pour the hot syrup into a 9 inch round baking dish. While the sugar is still liquid, quickly turn and tilt the dish to evenly coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Set aside and let cool completely.
- In a blender, combine the condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, vanilla, and whole milk. Blend until combined, about 45 seconds.
- Pour milk mixture through a fine mesh strainer into your prepared baking dish. Set the baking dish inside a larger pan and add hot water until it reaches half way up the sides of your flan baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour and let cool completely. Refrigerate until cold and serve.