Last Updated on September 13, 2023 by My Back Kitchen
There’s something magical about the arrival of juicy dewberries during the summer months. Their deep purple hue and natural sweetness evoke a sense of nostalgia and delight. And what better way to savor these luscious berries than in a warm and comforting blackberry cobbler?
Our Dewberry Cobbler recipe is a celebration of the vibrant flavors and simple pleasures of summer. It’s a dessert that embodies the essence of homemade goodness and is guaranteed to leave your taste buds dancing with joy.
The secret to this delightful dessert lies in the perfect balance between the tartness of the blackberries and the sweetness of the buttery topping. As you take a bite, the dewberries burst with natural juices, creating a heavenly mingling of flavors that is both refreshing and satisfying. Preparing this blackberry cobbler is a breeze, even for the novice baker. With just a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps, you’ll have a dessert that will impress family and friends alike. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups dewberries or blackberries
- 8 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 8 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- Pour berries in a greased 9×9 glass baking dish.
- Mix all of the batter ingredients together and stir until smooth. Then pour the batter over the berries and set aside.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a bowl and crumble with your hands. Once the topping is at a crumble consistency, evenly pour over berries.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until set. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.