Mexican white rice with corn is THE perfect side dish – Pair this with our Pollo con Rajas, Authentic Black Beans, and homemade tortillas for meal that is sure to impress. Enjoy!
Mexican White Rice with Corn
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock (hot)
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- In a sauté pan, add vegetable oil, rice, onion, and jalapeno and cook at medium high heat until rice starts to brown.
- Add the corn, hot chicken stock and pepper; stir to combine.
- Taste the liquid and season with salt as needed. Bring liquid to boil, cover pan, and reduce the temperature to lowest setting. Cook until all liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off and let sit covered for 10 minutes before serving.
Delicious! Came out just as I expected. I think in the future I will add a bit more corn as I love corn!