Last Updated on January 6, 2024 by My Back Kitchen
Get ready for a flavor explosion with our Grilled Fajitas de Res! We take tender skirt steak and marinate them in a zesty mix of citrus and onions that’ll make your taste buds dance. Once they soak up all that goodness, it’s grill time! Picture this: sizzling skirt steak , infused with a tangy kick and a hint of smokiness from the grill. The result? Savory, mouthwatering fajitas that are a taste sensation. Say hello to the ultimate fiesta for your palate with our Grilled Fajitas de Res – it’s like a flavor party in every bite! Serve with a side of rice and beans for a delicious Mexican feast. Enjoy!
Fajitas de Res
- 1 pound skirt steak trimmed
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 large white or yellow onion quartered
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- In a blender, add onion, lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt and black pepper. Blend until smooth paste is formed. Pour over meat, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour—any longer and the acid in the marinade will begin to take away the color from the meat.
- About a half hour before cooking, heat your grill to high heat.
- Remove most of the marinade off the meat, then lay it on the hottest part of the grill. Let sear without moving until there are dark grill marks underneath, then flip and sear the other side. At this point, move the meat to the coolest part of the grill to continue cooking until it reaches your perfect doneness. For us, we prefer medium for this cut. Most pieces of skirt steak will cook to medium in 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill, cover with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting across the grain into thin strips. Sprinkle cut meat lightly with salt and serve.