Last Updated on September 8, 2023 by My Back Kitchen
Inspired by a family trip to Acapulco where we enjoyed lazy days soaking in the sun followed by breezy summer nights dining al fresco. One local restaurant we stumbled upon was famously known for its Cabrito Asado. One of the many delicious side dishes served was fideo in a spicy creamy green sauce. It was so delicious and very different from the classic fideo we were accustomed to eating. Despite our best efforts, the restauranteur guarded his recipe. Returning from our travels, we all craved the dish and set out to recreate it. This is our version. Enjoy!
Fideo Recipe (Poblano)
- 5 oz poblano pepper roasted and cleaned
- 5 oz sour cream
- 1 oz whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. fideo
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Oaxaca cheese optional topping
- In a blender, combine roasted poblano peppers, sour cream, and milk. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Using a medium size pot, add vegetable oil, Fideo, and chopped onion. Cook over medium heat until Fideo is lightly browned. While the pasta is browning, heat chicken stock up until just boiling.
- Pour poblano cream over Fideo and then add hot chicken stock and salt. Stir well to combine. Taste cooking liquid and adjust seasonings as needed. Reduce heat to low and cover pot with lid. Cook for 5-8 minutes until pasta is cooked and most of liquid has evaporated. Enjoy!