Last Updated on September 9, 2023 by My Back Kitchen
Satisfy your sweet tooth and elevate your dessert experience with our irresistible Gourmet Brownies recipe. These fudgy and rich chocolate treats will take your taste buds on a delightful journey of indulgence. Made with high-quality ingredients, these brownies are the epitome of decadence. Whether you’re looking to impress guests at a special occasion or simply treating yourself to a luxurious dessert, these gourmet brownies are guaranteed to leave you craving for more.
The Base of Chocolate Perfection: Our gourmet brownies start with a base of rich, high-quality dark chocolate. The combination of melted butter and cocoa powder creates a deep, intense chocolate flavor that sets the stage for an extraordinary treat. We carefully balance the sweetness and the bitterness of the chocolate to achieve the perfect taste.
Perfect Texture: The secret to achieving the perfect texture lies in the careful balance of ingredients. We use a combination of all-purpose flour and high-quality cocoa powder to create a dense and fudgy texture. Adding just the right amount of eggs and a touch of vanilla extract ensures a moist and velvety consistency that will melt in your mouth with every bite.
Garnishes and Toppings: To elevate the visual appeal and add an extra layer of flavor, we recommend experimenting with delightful garnishes and toppings. From a dusting of powdered sugar to a drizzle of melted chocolate, the options are endless. You can also customize your brownies with chopped nuts (our personal favorite!) or even a sprinkle of flaky sea salt for a sweet and salty contrast.
Gourmet brownies are perfect on their own but can also be paired with various accompaniments for a truly indulgent experience. Serve them warm with a scoop of premium vanilla ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, or a drizzle of caramel sauce. The combination of the rich chocolate brownies with these delectable additions will create a symphony of flavors and textures that will leave you wanting more. Enjoy!
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts 4 ounces, chopped medium (optional)
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour 5 ounces
- ½ tsp. table salt
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped fine
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter 1 1/2 sticks, cut into six 1-inch pieces
- 2 ¼ cups sugar 15 3/4 ounces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 325 degrees. Cut 18-inch length foil and fold lengthwise to 8-inch width. Fit foil into length of 13- by 9-inch baking dish, pushing it into corners and up sides of pan; allow excess to overhang pan edges. Cut 14-inch length foil and, if using extra-wide foil, fold lengthwise to 12-inch width; fit into width of baking pan in same manner, perpendicular to first sheet. Spray foil-lined pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- If using nuts, spread nuts evenly on rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven until fragrant, 5 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk to combine flour, salt, and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in large heatproof bowl set over saucepan of almost-simmering water, stirring occasionally, until smooth. (Alternatively, in microwave, heat butter and chocolate in large microwave-safe bowl on high for 45 seconds, then stir and heat for 30 seconds more. Stir again, and, if necessary, repeat in 15-second increments; do not let chocolate burn.) When chocolate mixture is completely smooth, remove bowl from saucepan and gradually whisk in sugar. Add eggs one at time, whisking after each addition until thoroughly combined. Whisk in vanilla. Add flour mixture in three additions, folding with rubber spatula until batter is completely smooth and fully incorporated.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; using spatula, spread batter into corners of pan and smooth surface. Sprinkle toasted nuts (if using) evenly over batter and bake until toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into center of brownies comes out with few moist crumbs attached, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool on wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours, then remove brownies from pan by lifting foil overhang. Cut brownies into 2-inch squares and serve.