Last Updated on September 13, 2023 by My Back Kitchen
Grandmas Meatballs: Is there anything better than a homemade meal made by Grandma? The comforting aroma that fills the kitchen, the secret family recipe passed down through generations, and the love and care put into each bite — these are the elements that make Grandma’s meatballs truly special. In this blog post, we’re excited to share with you the beloved recipe for Grandma’s Meatballs. Not only are they delicious, but they’re also incredibly convenient to prepare, thanks to their simple oven-baked method. With a generous batch yielding about 40 meatballs, these savory delights are freezer-friendly, making them perfect for busy days or unexpected guests. Just be prepared to guard your freezer from any sneaky hands trying to snag a few! So, let’s dive into the recipe and discover the magic of Grandma’s Meatballs.
Grandmas Meatballs are incredibly versatile and can be enjoyed in various ways:
- Serve them with your favorite pasta and marinara sauce for a classic Italian feast.
- Create a hearty meatball sub by placing the meatballs in a warm baguette or hoagie roll, topping them with melted cheese and marinara sauce.
- Add them to soups, like Italian wedding soup or tomato-based vegetable soup, to add a burst of flavor and heartiness.
- Enjoy them as a standalone appetizer by providing toothpicks for easy serving at parties or gatherings.
Grandma’s Meatballs are more than just a delicious dish; they represent the love, tradition, and cherished memories associated with homemade meals. With their simple oven-baked method, they are quick to prepare and freeze exceptionally well, making them a convenient option for any occasion. So, gather your ingredients, channel your inner Grandma, and indulge in the comforting flavors of these classic meatballs. Don’t forget to pair them with our Caesar Salad recipe and freshly baked Dutch Oven bread for a truly satisfying meal. Get ready to create new memories and savor the taste of tradition with Grandma’s Meatballs. Enjoy!
Awesome Homemade Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground veal
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2.25 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1.5 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 5 oz. prosciutto thinly sliced and chopped fine
- 3 oz. parmesan cheese Grated about 1 1/2 cups
- 6 Tbsp. parsley fresh minced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed through a garlic press – about 1 tablespoon
- 1.5 tsp. unflavored gelatin dissolved in 3 tablespoons of water
- 1.5 tsp. salt
- 1.5 tsp. pepper
- 1.5 tsp. oregano dried leaves
- Place wire racks in 2 foil-lined rimmed baking sheets. Adjust oven racks to lower-middle and upper-middle positions and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs and buttermilk in large bowl and let sit, mashing occasionally with fork, until smooth paste forms, about 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, beef, pork, prosciutto, Parmesan, parsley, garlic, gelatin mixture, 11/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to bread-crumb mixture. Using hands, gently mix until thoroughly combined.
- Lightly form about ¼ cup mixture into 2-inch round meatball (about 2 ounces); repeat with remaining mixture to form approximately 40 meatballs. Spray wire racks with nonstick cooking spray and place meatballs, evenly spaced, on racks; roast until browned, about 30 minutes, rotating trays from front to back and top to bottom halfway through.
- As the meatballs come out of the oven, I drop them into a pot of my favorite marinara sauce.